Sunday, November 28, 2004

Luna

Did you see the moon tonight? The night eye in the sky was out in its full splendour, shining its cold light onto the earth. It seemed to smile to me as I was driving back just now, its cool whiteness offset by the even colder blackness. She was so beautiful. I wanted to take some pictures of it for memory's sake, but by the time I got back and took my camera out she was gone, hiding behind the purplish-grey clouds. Perhaps in KKB I'll get a shot at it, and perhaps better ones too, since I'll be away from the city lights.
Yes, that's right, I'm off to KKB again for my posting. I'm not begrudging it; in fact it might be a welcome break from staying at home 24-7 studying. Of course, I'd have to bring my notes there and study if I ever hope to finish my revision, so that would mean no sitting around the dining table, playing Mafia, eating kuaci, and bonding. Oh well...

I was out book-browsing just now and I came across this certain publication. You know how those womens' magazines have the model on the front cover with the editions features printed along the sides? I saw something like that in the "Religions" section of MPH, only that it was the New Testament bible. It was even printed on the same type of magazine paper, with the same layout, little highlight columns and quizzes. What I liked about it was that it listed down major stories, characters, events, and issues and their corresponding verses very concisely in their contents pages, and some of the issues were befitting a typical women's magazine, eg. "How to bring out your beauty". However, it brings this issue up: is this treatment of the Bible necessary to make it appealling to the masses? Would people even buy it? Is dressing the bible up in these "clothes" really treating it as it is supposed to be treated: reverently, like the word of God as it is?

I'm getting tired of playing FreeCell, Spider Solitaire and TextTwist as breaks between studying. Can anyone recommend any games? Easy, refreshing, not-so-mind-taxing games. And non-addictive.

There's this online writing thing going called Na-No-Blog-Mo, or National Novel Blogging Month. People sign up and commit to writing a book in month. Some just stop after writing their first post. Some are worthwhile reading, when they update. These are some of the ones that I like:

Haven't checked out the rest yet, but will probably do that when I get tired of studying, and have nothing else to do.

Time to sleep. Church tomorrow, then driving to KKB. Gnitez everyone.

No comments: