Friday, December 03, 2004

Planetshakers

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

It was great being in the presence of vibrance and zeal for God! At first, waiting at the gates, I felt old, mingling with the secondary schoolers. But inside, I was youthful again, without the worldly inhibitions and thoughts of what others would think. What happened in there would be what I would call worshipping Him with the body and with the heart, and it was good. My perspectives, I hope, are now right in place again; my longing is for the right One. The thing about these charismatics is that they really know how to play the crowd and make you feel alive, that everything is possible. The messages on the both nights I went to was simple with some kind of content (yes they did have content) they had the same main points though each focused on different bible passages, and they were all presented with the pizzazz that only a charismatic speaker can have, sometimes even pushing it. The crowd loved it, and I did at certain places. But what happens the morning after? What happens when worshipping Him is called from the mind and the hands?

I think it's just me being cynical and jaded, but I feel sad and disappointed for some of those who were there, those whose fire was fanned so high but would invariably die down and fade, some fading so much that they wouldn't come for the sequel of the concert that touched their lives so much. It's happened to me to some extent, and I don't think I'm an isolated case. I look to the future, and the odds of me settling into my normal routine some time down the line is pretty high, if I look at my track record. Those odds probably go for the others as well.

I must say, though, that their main points presented every night were pertinent ones. One person can change their world if only he trusts in God and does not doubt Him, and steps out in faith to do the things God wants him to do, but with this privilege of doing God's work comes the responsibility and the probability of suffering. They cover everything, so everyone, hopefully, will be prepared when those sufferings and trials come, and that less would fade away. Hopefully this tactic works.

In a nutshell, we left with a challenge to be the salt and light of our worlds by translating the zeal in heart- and body-worship to also encompass head- and hands-worship. My added challenge would be to REMEMBER what refreshing things took place in that hall and to DISCIPLINE myself to seek God in all things. Easier said than done, but with God's help I shall try. God help me, I will try to shake my planet.

hehe rambling again. I don't think I had a point. No debating for me!

No comments: