Why is it that when you're already late for a flight, the gate at which you're supposed to board is the one farthest possibly away from the entrance? The irony is, for all my rushing, I reached at the boarding gate just as they were announcing my name over the PA. I guess at least it wasn't ages after that announcement.
But however late I was going to be, I'm glad I spent the precious moments with the precious few who came to "see me off" - my "chauffeur" and the people from SJGC. After wasting my precious saliva trying to convince Kat not to come they came anyway, as a "surprise". Unfortunately there was only time to take pics with 1 or 2 cameras so I didn't take mine out. So send pics guys! I'm glad I was rushing, or else I would have found time to cry. There was time for tears though on the plane, when I read the heart-warming words in my autograph book - my reading material for the flight. I'm so blessed to have come to know the great people in SJGC!
To top the great evening and night off, Rach and Co. came to pick me from the Kch airport!! It was so great to have Rach as the 1st familiar face to greet me in Kuching, followed by a time of catching up and talking in the comforts of my home. I'm glad to be home, albeit the stressful packing-up part.
Before that, moving all my things out of the Vista apartment was terrible. I had managed to accumulate numerous things in my total of 4 years in KL that my total luggage was 4 big boxes, 2 big suitcases and 2 smaller bags. I could only bring 1/3 of it back with me, so if you're flying KL-KCH with luggage space to spare, remember me k? :> After sweat and toil and Arvind's and Collin's help everything was squashed into the car, leaving the room pitifully empty. But ready for another's dreams and memories to fill it.
That phase of my life is over, and although I'm sad to be leaving it and KL, I'm ever so grateful for the life lessons that I've learned over the 4 years, both bitter and sweet, glad and sad, difficult and easy. Seasons come and seasons go, and it's time for me to release this season of my life.
So blow away in the winds of Time
Swirl off, leaving only memories
Of your every altitude and clime
To be remembered till my breaths cease.

No comments:
Post a Comment