Monday, February 20, 2006

Whirlwind Week

Whew! What a week it was, showing 9 other people around Kuching and its surroundings! Tiring as it was, it was pleasantly fulfilling to see all of my dear IMU-ians and interact with them again, and the house seems empty and quiet without them "messing up" the TV room, or talking, laughing, and lounging on their beds in the rooms. And since I've regained all the sleep I lost over the few days they were here, I can finally say I've established myself as a bona fide amateur Kuching tourist guide, ready to show friends around when they come. ;)

Of course, I'd probably cut several things out of the itinerary now that I've been through it. Lundu will probably be out, seeing that the people there can't drive for nuts. And I'll remember to check the weather forecast before heading out for Bako (as well as the petrol gauge), or supply each person with a poncho. Last but not least, sunblock for everyone, from the people who stay in the shade but not out of the sunlight, to the forgetful who plan to go for a few minutes but stay for an hour or two, to the foolhardy who throw caution to the wind and lie under the hot noon sun.

Well, with that whirlwind week over, I almost loathe returning to my normal sedentary schedule. So here's to the great week we all had, to here's to many more great trips!

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: