Anyway, my Dogpile search led me to an IMUian's blog (P1/04, but what a coincidence), then a youth-oriented webzine theCicak, where certain youths say their piece about anything under the sun to do with Malaysia. Some interesting pieces here, not only political. A quick peek at some of the contributors' blogs led me to Jeff Ooi's Screenshots, where I laughingly read about the poor MalaysiaKini journalist who got sworn at by Samyvellu's assistant. Old news, I know, but not to me. It was funny, but not shocking - tells you what kind of society we live in nowadays (the word "society" being the world society, not Malaysian society).
Another link from the webzine brings me to a contributor, Juliet, and I am delighted by the first picture I see:

What would I do with a chair like that!! Curl up all day and read books plucked as if from nowhere, no doubt.
So following that link to MocoLoco, I find quirky works of art, such as this:
![]()
Only people who call themselves artists would think of such ideas. The rest of the people think it preposterous that people would pay good money to call it art. Interested? Click here for the full collection, and other pictures taken by Meredith Allen.
And who would think to photograph skirts like this?

Yes, only artists. There's a reason they can make money in that, and the rest of the world can't. That lovely pink skirt is part of the Prada collection, and its picture along with 99 other pictures will be featured in "Waist Down – Skirts by Miuccia Prada", an exhibition in New York. Now why didn't I think of that?

No comments:
Post a Comment