Monday, June 12, 2006

Over the Moon

Inspired by the spate of good full-moon nights we've been having in Kuching lately. No, not lunatic over the moon yet!

I just love the way a full moon looks
halo-ed by the surrounding clouds
highlighted with the moon's own glow
a bewitching picture with self-made frame.

I just love the black silhouettes
Upon bursts of gleaming silver
of fragmented clouds streaming away
from the moon, like a fluffy explosion.

I just love the peek-a-boo
the moon plays amongst the clouds too-
she shyly evades from looking at us
but her shine belies her place.

I just love it when they're no clouds
and the moon can strut her stuff
matching, almost, the sun's laugh
As she saunters across the sky.

I just love the way the moon
doesn't keep the spotlight for herself
as she glows the stars shine brighter
and for this spectacle the clouds make way.

I just love the ghostly sheen
she shades on my skin as I gaze up
turning it pearly pale, almost unearthly
but entrancing, like a spell.

I love the way she waxes and wanes
almost unpredictable, yet expected too-
it keeps me looking, and brings out
my heart's smile, when her I again see.


Mainly unedited, only because it sounded okay without me trying to get it to rhyme. Any ideas on this, please comment!

No comments: