Sunday, June 03, 2007

Grade-1-athon!



I'm learning the saxophone. My Grade 1 ABRSM exam is in 1 week. Crazy? No, just part of a fund-raising scheme brewed up by the Music Society of George's - the Grade-1-athon!

That's where a bunch of us trade in our normal instruments (or voices, in some cases) for another medium of music we've never played before. In my case, it's the saxophone. And I'm loving it, although I'm sure the loud squawks from my practising must be irritating some people. heh. :P

And it's quite tough! I'm used to holding my breath for long periods of time, not letting out forcefully for long periods of time. I now have a greater respect for those wind instrument players who can play phrases and phrases of notes with seeming ease!

Well, back to the subject - fund-raising. If you're at all curious and interested to support me in my cause, please do go to my fund-raising page and give as you please. The charity in question is the World Emergency Relief organisation which works somewhat in the way of World Vision, but also provides emergency relief in places like Darfur, Sudan, where they are urgently in need of help.

If you donate (and if I pass), you have the choice of listening to a song of your choice (on saxophone if possible, or violin), or not to hear anything at all. At this point, the latter might be a better choice. :>

Thanks in advance for all your support!

2 comments:

Sheena said...

Nice pic :)

Here's a suggestion to make it more perasan: Go & paste a pic of one of the saxophonists from MIJF beside you, eheh.

Grace said...

self taken k?! LoL cam-whoring to the max. that was one of several pics i took. :P enough perasan-ness there! heh