Thursday, June 07, 2007

vibrant, affectionate, lovely

A friend, an extremely close friend of my very close friend, slipped away recently. Tears came to my eyes when the realisation sank in,
and I can't imagine what it would be like to have had been very close to her.
As I witnessed the waves of aftershocks ripple out through my circle of friends that overlapped with hers,
and even more through her own circle of friends,
I marvel at the ways she touched each one of us, far or near, acquaintance or confidante.
This would be her story: her generous kind-heartedness, her friendliness, the humble bubbly joy that welled up and overflowed into others' lives.
Yet there will be a footnote now.

We as recipients of the warmth she radiated can now only stand bare amidst the cold as witnesses to that warmth, and try our best to pass it on.
And testify to her warmth, we will.

Rest, my dear.

No comments: