Ooh, Roger Federer won Wimbledon 2007! It was a close fight, but I'm very glad he won it, and not Nadal. And for him to win it 5 times in a row!! So happy for him. Thank goodness the sun came out in full force for this last weekend of the tournament - it's almost forgiven for not showing its face the whole of the last week.
And throughout that rain, my future housemates and I had been trudging from house to house trying to decide on one to stay in for the next 2 years. The range of houses here borders on ridiculous - from houses immaculately kept which totally deserved to be called a home, to rundown freezing houses with 1-2 rooms the size of a tiny storeroom. The bunch of us even went as far as 2.4 km away from the university in desperation - the house itself was exquisitely beautiful, one of those home-worthy ones, but the distance was too much to bear, especially at the thought of winter. But we HAVE decided on a house, one that I'm glad to live in - it has humongous rooms so no one will have to suffer a small box-room, a living-room, a dining area and kitchen complete with sky-windows, and a backyard, spread over 3 floors. It's close to everything, even friends, and a great bonus of the house is that we're going to get a PIANO in it - one left to us by the previous tenants! How cool is that? :) The landlord and lady seem to be nice as well.
The other group of us have gotten a nice house too (at least, as far as I can say from outward appearances) which is quite near, so we'll have fun house-visiting and stuff. Already those homebound next week have begun to pack and soon, there'll only be 2 Malaysians left on the top floor of halls. How lonely it will be! The only thing I dread about moving is the packing up I have to do, but the anticipation of moving into a nice house from old halls makes up fully for that. 5 weeks...
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ooh.. i feel so melancholic reading this blog entry of urs.. i can really relate to your experience, grace..
thx for being my tennis watching buddy.. ;)
i'm gonna miss this 11 months dearly..
cheers to our new homes!!
Today my rheumatology consultant was questioning me on lateral epicondylitis. He asked for the layman's term and I blur. Then he told me: "If Roger Federer has this, what does he have?"
And I happily chirped up: "Tennis elbow!"
Wow, that is an INCREDIBLE deal! A PIANO, left in the house. That's amazing.
(Rental of those things for a term can come up to thousands of pounds, you know, so yeah, you really do have an incredible deal.)
Post a Comment