I left my thumb drive in the comp lab AGAIN!!! TWICE!!!!! I was in a rush to go for clinical skills practice and in the process I forgot to plug it out of the computer. Thank goodness I realised it after my practice session (1 1/2 hours later) and straightaway rushed up to the lab, and found it still plugged in. *phew!*
Then I sat back at the same computer and went surfing, reading, doing PBL... then I had to go off to MPH Midvalley for the above, so I rushed off. Had a lovely time at MPH choosing books. :) The reason for the MPH trip was because I (and the 19 other people) got a RM50 MPH book voucher for being such good "fishes" throughout the 3 weeks. hehe When they told us about this incentive we were all ecstatic - shows you how much of bookworms we are. After spending about 1 1/2 hours perusing through the books and agonising about which ones to buy, I finally decided on Anne MacCaffrey's "The Skies of Pern" (fantasy), Tim LaHaye's "Babylon Rising" (end-times fiction), and the classic "The Little Prince" (I always wanted my own copy...). Had to pay an extra RM20 but it was money well spent. :) Now I just have to resist the temptation to read all the books at one go, and concentrate more on studying. :Þ
Well, the next morning, at PBL, I opened my pencil case and found... my thumb drive cover. My thumb drive was MISSING. Instantly I knew that I had left it in the computer lab when I rushed off the day before. ARGH!!!!! I couldn't rush up to find it until the end of PBL so I had to listen to people talk about leukaemias and lymphomas with the nagging worry at the back of my mind.
When I finally went to the lab, I didn't see it in the USB slot of the computer I used, and I feared the worst. With nervous heart I went to the office and ting-ed for service.
"Kak, yesterday did you find a thumb drive in one of the computers...?"
She just smiled knowingly, walked to her desk, and with a tiny tinkle of a bell (I have a bell on my thumb drive) I knew she had it.
"Thank you thank you thank you so much!!!!"
How forgetful of me.
But this is not the only time it's happened. I did the same thing before - I was rushing for something and I left it plugged into the computer in the lab. That was worse, because I only found out that night, and by the time I got back there the next morning it was gone. :( So I resigned myself to not having anymore thumb drive (only the cover which I had put in my pencil case). Then out of the blue, a few days/weeks later, Y (my batchmate) hands me my thumb drive, a bit battered but still in good condition! I was ecstatic!! Apparently one of the M2/02 seniors picked it up and had been holding on to it, waiting for a chance to pass it to one of my batchmates or me. God is truly good.
After that episode I promised myself I'll be extra-careful with my thumb drive, which I've been doing, until these few days. *sigh* Anyone have any antidote for forgetfulness? Please do contact me and share the secret - I really need it.
Friday, September 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Heehee, I volunteer to whack you on your head at regular intervals. Will that help ah???
Don't remember anything so you won't forget anything?You can't forget things you don't remember?*starting off a circle*
Lol.... looks like i'm not the only careless one when it comes to thumbdrives :P I make a mental note of checking before leaving any computer at uni... and sometimes double checking :) And sometimes it's attached to my keychain so I'm bound to notice to clumsy bunch of keys left at the comp. have a go :)
btw, cass and I really wanna go somewhere in SEA maybe the 2nd week of Dec? for maybe 3-5 days? Are u free? it'll be a smashing cuzzie outing :) Not sure of the destination yet either but we were hoping to decide in a week's time.
rach
YP: i think you'd whack me too many times until you'd get bored! hehe
xiao: excellent suggestion! i think i'll start with not remembering your name... then i won't forget it see... LoL jk
*sigh* maybe a personal video cam to record everything i do so that i can trackback my movements? hehe
dont worry its normal for ppl to leave their thumbdrives there. it happans all the time. which kinda sucks.
Post a Comment