Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Chennai awaits...

Less than 24 hours till I touch down on foreign soil, and I haven't finished packing yet - too much foodstuff. It figures, since I'm carrying everyone else's food as well as my own. That's the least of my problems, really. I seem to have misplaced my camera, and that means no shutter-clicking frenzies for me. :( If not for that, I'll be bouncing off the walls of my room now, getting warmed up for the trip. Still, if I said I'm not excited, I'd be lying. New experiences await in new places, and I really hope that not only will I learn things, but I'll be able to help in some little way too. Despite talking to many people who have been to India, it's like we know next to nothing to what we will find there, and my excitement is coloured by wariness, trepidation. Have I brought enough things, clothes, food? Have I brought the right things? Are my things safe enough? And yet, these questions won't have much meaning when I get there, because no matter what I bring inevitably I'll have to buy things that I've missed there, or improvise with what I have. And amidst the new experiences will be, hopefully, a trip I'll never forget.
While we're there, the resit students will be going through their bout of exams. Guys, all the best - believe in yourselves, and read the questions properly! Don't panic too.
What will tomorrow bring...?

No comments: