Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Land of Gorgeous Landscapes

Salam from Terengganu! I haven't been back here in about 2 years, and the place hasn't really changed from then, even from before the transient PAS rule. A carousel has been added to the baggage claims area in the airport, so you snatch your bags from that instead of from the hands of the airport workers and other people. However, one of the lamentable changes is the removal of the adorable turtle in the middle of the roundabout, and its replacement a replica of the Batu Bersurat 1303, found in Kuala Berang, Terengganu. We've christened it Leonard's John, in "honour" of my brother and my cousin, stemming from my brother's comment that it looked like a portable toilet.
One thing that hasn't changed, however, are the awesome views of the sea and the horizon from the beach. And the weather's been absolutely great so far, giving great photo opportunities that I have not been able to make full use of. Still, I try my best.
I'll be spending 3 days of Chinese New Year here, then it's back to KL. So Happy Chinese New Year to one and all; Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No comments: