Well well, my "soon" (for blogging about stuff before renal exam) hasn't come, and will probably not come for some time yet. One of the reasons is debates. Yes, I'm in Singapore, more specifically Nanyang Technology University (NTU) for the Asian Universities Debating Championship (AUDC). Sounds grand huh? But I'm in no way here as a debater, but as an adjudicator (ie. judge) and a novice one at that. I got such a headache taking the adjudication test today (There's a test?!?! Yes there is, they're dead serious about it) and I'll be happy if I'm even allowed to sit in and watch! :> Hm... maybe it'll be better if I'm not - then I can take time to explore the land of my birth.
NTU is a super-big campus. It's as if Singapore gave all its land to education and economy and left its people the remnants to build their houses on. I have yet to explore this place fully, but I hear it's got great architecture. The only architecture I'm interested in for today is the swimming pool architecture - which I've scheduled myself to find today.
But lets not talk about my swimming plans. We arrived here yesterday afternoon, and at night we took cabs down to Orchard Road for a short stroll. Richard, Elena and I were in the same cab and we went to Newton Circus to eat before walking down Scott's Road to Orchard. It was a nice walk, but the unfortunate thing was that we got there when the shops were closing. And today, while we adjudicators were having our test, the debaters got to go shopping (again!) at Orchard. But we adjudicators will find our time for fun. :)
IMU-ians, keep our debating teams in thought. They're going against some of the best in Asia (and that best kinda includes them as well! :> ) but they're going to try and break for semi-finals, and perhaps even finals! And have fun all the way.
The deep blue calls me.
I'm coming...
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment