Sunday, May 08, 2005

Short one

1st of all, HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to all the mothers out there, esp. one particular one in Kuching who had a Japanese meal just now. :)

The past week or so has been busy for me - lots of travelling around, making decisions and wavering in indecision, listening to people, helping people and not helping them (to my shame), snapping at people (to my shame as well) when I'm too busy and agitated, saying wrong things and the wrong times, and not being a human many times. No time to sit down with the people I want to sit down with and talk to them about issues of the heart and soul and mind - something that I regret not making, or even etching out, time for, because when the time for these pass the moment is gone and there's no way of regaining it. The mad rush that preceded and extended into the CF Camp whirled and twirled me in its wake even when I tried to stay still.
Yet God has been gracious to me. He gave me times, in the midst of that whirlwind of activity, to sit down with Him, even if for just a short while. And when things were at its most worrisome, He forced me to stay in His presence and led me to surrender my anxieties and plans unto him, and from that point He pulled us through.
Imagine a crazy girl standing in the middle of a rafia-string spiderweb maze with raindrops falling all around and on her, but she's singing "... Rain down on me, rain down on me, here in Your presence i am free... " with a silly smile on her upturned face; and after a while when finding that the rain actually was dying down, giving little whoops of excitement and leaps of joy at the providence of God's hand.
Yes, CF Camp has come and gone, and I'm definitely wiser after it. Not only from the organisational point of view (which I still have more to learn for sure!) but also how real God can be when He wants to be - and this when we rarely had committee prayer meetings prior to the camp, and we were very much concentrating on planning and executing. How much faithful can He be if we had asked earnestly and received gratefully His love, care, joy and peace?
Pastor Sivin Kit of BLC was our guest speaker and he is SUPERB. He can really connect to what you're saying to him, and he does address the non-christians and christians alike.
Anyways, I'm tired after continuous 2am-7am (at the most) sleep and driving down from Peacehaven. I'll sleep for my 8am class tomorrow and see how it goes.
Btw, my favourite line nowadays is "... see how it goes". It works for everything. And so now, we'll "see how it goes" if I can take pictures with eveyrone else of not.

Thank you God for the roses, even in the storm they are there and they last. Make us like that God.

No comments: