Even though my teaching stint is over, I'm catching echoes of it - seeing some of the students when I went to collect my cheque, and meeting an acquaintance and realising that she is the sister of one of them. It's amazing how small the world is sometimes. By the way, cashing my cheque (with 6 digits, and a dot somewhere in there) was quite exciting. LoL
Time at home has been spent getting my application details ready - yes, my offer letter arrived already - which has been rather confusing, what with the copies needed to be made and different documents that need to be acquired. Also, I've been reading up about Cambodia, and more specifically Angkor Wat, and am waiting with anticipation to get there and see the sights and take aweesome pictures.
I also went to see MI:3. Hau siaw, which is to be expected, yet entertaining in that way. However, the most laughable moment would be the scene where Ethan Hunt waits for his nemesis to meet him, and what would be in the background but the back of a Malaysia Airlines signboard. MAS should pay Tom Cruise for that alternative advertising. Also, I'm wondering whether they got Maggie Q in so that they could shoot in Shanghai, or because she's good, because her part was, well, negligible. Lastly, the place where the last part was shot was NOT Shanghai, but lovely Zhouzhuang, outside Shanghai - with its graceful canals and weeping willows dancing on its banks.
As for what's on TV, American Idol has been a blast. I predict Kat and Taylor for the finals. If I had the chance to vote, I'd vote Kat just for her "Somewhere over the Rainbow" performance! Anyway, it seems to me that the final 3 for this year are more of the bluesy-soul type, not really the mainstream-type artists. Perhaps this is just transference from the great weekend of jazz that just passed, but I think not, and that's good for me - more great bluesy-soul tunes to listen to!
I've also been faithfully watching "The Nanny" on Hallmark. Fran Drescher is such a laugh, and they never fail to illicit laughs in all new ways on each episode. I can't wait for the episode where Mr. Sheffield FINALLY asks Fran Fine to marry her. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go watch. ;)
My post about the great weekend of jazz will come soon, watch this space!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment