Do you know how you are always the busiest when you're going away soon? My dad gets that with his patient load most times he's scheduled for a trip, and now I find it happening to me - orchestra performance for Merdeka day(yay!), more books to read, Kuching Festival Food Fest (wonderful conglomeration of food and all Kuching's citizens, especially on weekends - maybe a post on this later), a trip to JB, and the most terrifying: packing.
Especially with the uncertainty pertaining to excess luggage allowances for JPA students (or rather the lack of it), balancing between what to pack and what to send has been mind-bending. My 20 kg suitcase is already full, as with one DHL 25kg box (mostly books, mind you!), and my other options are fast filling up.
One of the suggestions made was to wear as many layers as I can to the airport. For that to make a dent in my packing, I'll probably be a blimp waddling around the airport, sweating to death inside. No thanks. It's enough that I put on a little weight at home already.
I envy people who can pack all they want to bring, and find it just touching the 20kg mark. But I also know that whatever I bring now will look quite boring (and not keep me warm enough) by winter, so my biceps better be prepared to carry lots of weights onto the plane: my laptop bag, with laptop and miscellanous stuff; my violin case, with violin and miscellanous stuff; a small sling-bag (perhaps) with passport, purse, phone, and some miscellanous stuff; and a cabin-luggage with lots of miscellanous stuff. You get the idea.
So, with just about a week left, I'm off to pack!
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment