Tonight was a nice night out. Although it was the only day I didn't take my umbrella out, and it rained. Figures that Murphy's Law would be put in action then.
That aside, the OCF cell group with a grand number of FOUR met for dinner at Joy King Lau, where I had authentic siew yok with crispy noodles and lots and lots of la jiu you! Yummy!! (must bring Jamie...) A very even affair - 2 Kuchingites, 2 Singaporeans; 2 medics, 2 arts students; 2 Zone 1-ers, 2 Zone 3-ers; 2 leaders, 2 members; etc.. The only thing uneven was the ratio of X:Y chromosomes. hee hee
Oohing and aahing over Ji's apartment came next - being amazed at how posh and cosy the whole apartment was, and how homey the whole place was! The next time she asks me to sleep over, I'm going to jump at the chance, then make use of her lovely kitchen to bake/cook for all of them. What fun!
On the way back, some poor soul got caught under a train and the trains on the line I had to use back got delayed, so thank God I found a free newspaper and starting doing Sudoku in it. With the delays, it was past 12 when I reached the station and not looking forward to the walk back in the rain. Interestingly enough, I saw in front of me a person slinging a violincase, and being the curious cat I (sometimes) am, I struck up a conversation with him - the professional chamber violinist on his way back from a gig. We had an interesting conversation, and I got a free escort 3/4 of the way back to halls! Mysterious workings...
Surgery's over - a good rotation except for the complication in signing-off at the end. Next SSM and I'm going to spend it in the foetal medicine unit! :) Hopefully it'll be eye-opening, before my O&G posting next year. And with my free time, I'll be (hopefully) putting up pics and stuff from the last few weeks. Till then...
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment