Saturday, April 07, 2007

The "beh tahan, mai ta chek liao" post

1st of all, some interesting quotes:
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway.
--Evan Esar
I loathe the expression "What makes him tick." It is the American mind, looking for simple and singular solution, that uses the foolish expression. A person not only ticks, he also chimes and strikes the hour, falls and breaks and has to be put together again, and sometimes stops like an electric clock in a thunderstorm.
--James Thurber

***********************
Over the last weekend, I had good food and good company as welcome breaks from studying. The Soton gang came up, and on Friday night, cooked a scrumptious dinner for us all. We even had:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


butter prawns!!! Thanks to YK and her showercap. ;> The main cook however was CH, with his own special and very delicious CH chicken.
There was a very noisy mini M203 reunion the next day, with 3 Londoners, 4 Sotoners, 1 Preston-ian, 1 Seremban-ian(?), and 1 Glaswegian. Company was great, and the place made better with elegant piano playing in the background. Man, do I miss these people or what! I can't wait for a bigger reunion of sorts.

**********************
What do you do with overripe plums? I make jam. Following a very simple recipe I managed to turn this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


into this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Goes well with digestive biscuits and Hobnobs, as JF can attest to.

*********************

CO from Cardiff came down for an overnight stay in my sleeping bag on Tuesday, and I found out from her that one of my yearmates from Lodge is married!!! The Year of 2001 reunion is another reunion that promises to be interesting, with a lot of us graduating soon, or already working.

*********************
It's been a long time since I played violin for a worship session, and yesterday was a refreshing time of worshipping with my beloved violin. I was most likely inaudible to the majority of the crowd there, but God hears everything, and after all, isn't worship for Him primarily? Times like those are precious here, and makes me appreciate much more my little space beside the piano at SJGC, improvising and melding with every straight- or curveball the congregation threw out. Times of refreshing indeed.

*********************
Have a blessed Easter, everyone. His death and resurrection are for our forgiveness, and He calls us now to follow Him. It IS a worthwhile undertaking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! those butter prawns made me drool man... lucky sotoners... i wonder who that cook is... :p sotoners plz do come to edinburgh asap...

Grace said...

ai ling: YK rox! :) why don't you come down to london and soton then i'm sure we can all cook up a storm!