Monday, September 03, 2007

No internet!!

Which means no blogging. And I'm itching to! Holidays were a busy blast - what with moving and Sweden to occupy my time!

I shall not write anything about Sweden trip for now, for that tale will be told better with pictures. Moving was a real work-out, but that's over and done with, and I'm so pleased with the outcome! Our landlord and landlady are the nicest people - redecorating most of the house before we moved in, helping us do 3 trips from halls to move our bags and boxes, and even sending us a lovely card to welcome us into our new home! And my room is spacious and comfy, the piano is out-of-tune but usable, the kitchen is bright and airy... I could go on with the praises and tales about the house that I've accumulated within just 1 week of moving in - I won't bore you with details, but leave it for you to come and visit!

Of course, there are bad points about the house, eg. I'm on the ground floor where people can look in through the window, and I'll have to arrange something for the windows to prevent that. And the floors are wooden, so walking around on the upper floors will give percussion accompaniment to those on the lower floors, but I think that's negligible.

Having the house to just myself and J the last few days was luxurious, even though it meant we had to do all the cleaning and other chores. And having people over to just hang around, and maybe play mahjong (*grin*), people especially one staying so near (you know who you are), over the last week was enjoyable especially with the fact that we didn't need to worry about the other housemates. Having everyone in the house will definitely change the house dynamics somewhat, but I am pretty certain of lots more good memories. I'm looking forward to that.

---------------

Juniors are here as well, and it was nice to get to know them a bit more before classes prevent us from meeting up regularly. It brings back memories of how, a year ago, we were just like them, wandering around aimlessly, and trying to settle down. I've evolved to become more comfortable with London and my place here now, and though it did take more time than I anticipated, it was comforting to have fellow IMUians around and to find people of similar wavelength here to mix with. I hope that the juniors will find the same comfort among themselves that we found in each other, as well as good friends in their batch to help them along the way. I certainly have.

---------------

A friend from Melbourne is also here for elective, and it warranted a weekend excursion to Winchester with her, another Lodgian friend, her friend from Melb, and J. We all had fun in the lovely medieval-like town, famous for Jane Austen. Her being here also means more Lodgian meet-ups to be planned, and more reminiscing about our days back in Lodge! How fun!

Not only that, my family's coming in 2 weeks! It seems surreal that this is being planned, and that my brother's actually coming to London to study. 2 weeks to 2 weeks of family time and travel. The only thing that could be better is having that same time in Kuching!

All this means busy days ahead - friends, family, last day of Proms (Joshua Bell!!!), orchestra, psychiatry and neurology postings, getting ready to go back home... busy but fun, I hope!

No comments: