Thursday, September 27, 2007

*pause* part 2

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, so when today I had time to sit down and write up my casenotes, it felt kind of weird. The family's gone back now (all except one still populating my living room, before he moves up to halls) and the room is cleared of about 3/5s of its baggage. It's considerably quieter as well. I'm not complaining :) But it was good to have a family in the house even just for a while, and to eat dinner like it's done back home, albeit at the oddest times (midnight dinner! But yummy food :>), and to go travelling with parents (with a slight difference).

Highlights:
Standing on the brow of a windy hill with Stonehenge looking over my shoulder.



Dreaming Roman dreams beside a "sacred" hot springs.



The triangular lodges of Barnsdale and their cosy upper lofts.

Watching "Twelfth Night" with John Lithgow and James Clyde at Stratford-upon-Avon (though Viola was unfortunately played by a man, and her uncle and suitors by women)



Trebuchet-launching at Warwick Castle and other activities.


The grandeur of Blenheim Palace (too many things about Sir Winston Churchill though).



Walking Harry Potter's path in Oxford.


Car rides in the environment-friendly Honda Prius.



Watching "Wicked" - I thoroughly recommend this relative newcomer to the musical stage; it's superbly done!

1 comment:

Rachel Chew said...

lovely pics! we'll have to cover new ground when I come. :)