It's almost like I never left (probably because of my limbo period of travel and my 2 weeks acclimatisation in Singapore) but home is, thankfully, still home. It's like slipping into an old shirt you found in your cupboard and finding that it fits comfortably (and I mean that literally too - I can fit into some of my clothes back home!).
I am truly a Malaysian girl at heart.
Food count so far: 4 servings of crab, 2 servings of prawns, 1 bowl of prawn mee, 1 serving of Singaporean o-chien, 2 servings of xiao long bau, 1 roti tisu, 1 serving of kampua mee, 1 durian session, 1 dim sum session (Mitsui in Sibu - superb!!), lots of local pastries, etc. and more to come.
Highlights: Meandering around Singapore city centre chancing upon the modern library, the art museum, and watching oriental tourists gape at the merlion; meeting with the VCF med branch in NUS; playing some engrossing boardgame in Settlers, Holland V; chats with the ever-so-hospitable Singaporean aunt; long bumpy car rides along the Sibu-Miri "highway"; a dark descent into the belly of the Niah cave; ultra-cheap and super-yummy Miri seafood; chancing upon a small heap of durian gold.
More to come from Sibu, KL, and Kuching!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What are your KL dates? :)
yeah yeah ! i wanna know too.. u stayin over at my place ka ?
16-21 dec! yes, janey, staying over your place. i want to do 2 things - eat and shop. haha
Post a Comment