Green light means go. But go where? Edinburgh, Scotland. Taken by YP.
I'm enamoured by Scotland, Edinburgh in particular. And I don't think it's only because of the great people I had with me and met there. The whole place has a certain charm.
So, with 3 places I dare call home (Kuching, KL, and now London - each made a home in its own right), and one more calling me to come hither (work in Edinburgh, dare I dream?), where does that leave me? Each place changes me in such a way that when I return to the others there is a certain detachment, a gulf I cannot traverse. Yet they are still homes, in remembrance of the past.
It is good then, that I have a higher home, waiting for me to finish with this journey and settle in for good.
------------------------------------------------
I made biscuits for the very welcoming folk up north, and I like to say my biscuits were quite welcome! A small price unworthy to be compared to the excellent, warm and generous hospitality we received from all of you. Thanks soo much.
More pics of Scotland on Facebook, and maybe here, later.




4 comments:
Edinburgh is without a doubt my favouritest city in the whole wide world. I jealous is.
Hi Grace,
The cookies were fantastic. Thanks so much for the recipe.
rudi: i agree, and i'm jealous of my friends who actually STUDY in that city and say that they get "immune" to its charms! *sigh*
san san: np! hope you enjoy making them!
It was a great trip. Thanks for everything! :)
Post a Comment