How is it that the prospect of going home intensifies the longing for home? So much so that I can't concentrate on the two assignments I have at hand- they seem unimportant compared to the enormity of going home.
Well, travel dates:
29 Jan-6 Feb: Kuching (with a small sojourn to Sibu)
6-7 Feb: KL
8-9 Feb: plane and Brisbane
9 Feb-25 Mar: Papua New Guinea
25-29 Mar: Brisbane/Gold Coast
30 Mar-4 Apr: KL
4-18 Apr: Kuching
Objectives:
1. Get my knee checked out by the best orthopaedic surgeon on the planet (I'm evidently biased). So far in the UK no one has laid hands on my knee (besides Ruth's tentative knee exam) and I still can't fully extend(straighten) my knee (fixed flexion deformity). My dad's already talking about an arthroscopy on the day after I land, but I demand another Lachman's test!
2. Check out how much Kuching has changed (i.e. visit all the new shopping centres! and be envious at how tall my sister is already...), and savour in how much it hasn't (i.e. home, the warmth, and the food!).
3. Meet up with people in all the places! Ex-classmates, church friends, married couples, new nieces (no nephews as of yet) etc.
4. Rediscover my wonder of medicine, and the joy of giving my time to helping others through it.
5. Be a traveller- in PNG and Brisbane that'll be evident, but also in KL and Kuching, while bringing Lyanh around! I should be fine with Kuching, but have no idea what in KL to do. Obvious things like KL Tower and KLCC and shopping I suppose, then...? And with public transport too-that'll be a challenge!
6. AOB
9 days and counting!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment