Monday, September 07, 2009

It's 8.24 pm and I'm sitting in the doctor's office, and I'm not on call. It's the first day we've had pretty much no senior cover, and I had the dubious honour of finishing the post take ward round by myself (thank goodness there weren't any serious problems!). I feel alright, not really tired, but I think that's because I had loads of sleep over the weekend, and I need to go back soon to build up on that.

My world has really shrunk down to this - work, often more than the 40 slotted hours per week (more like double that, and then some), some fleeting interactions with fellow sufferers, then weekends with closer friends (always the same ones in the past few weeks - the joy of rituals never cease, and they are such comfort to me ;>). But I've missed so many important occasions in other people's lives - birthdays mostly, but also new babies, new couples, new marriages, passing exams, etc. I hope you've had great days on those special occasions, all of you.

And if you do spare a thought for me, drop me an email to console me re. my lack of life. I'd like to live vivaciously through knowing about your lives.

No comments: