Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Day out - meanderings

Today was a different day for me. I had to send my car to Subang for servicing so I had the whole day in Subang and its surroundings. Supposedly I was to meet a friend after her class at 2pm, but when I finished settling the car in at the service centre it was only 9 am. So I went swimming at 3K complex! Ah, swimming was enjoyable after a long time. Unfortunately I learnt two not-so-good things about myself: that my stamina's gone down so much already, and I seem to have strained my right thigh muscle doing something or another. Hmm.
Anyway, after that refreshing swim I decided to go straight to Sunway Pyramid. When I was in Taylor's I always wondered how far it was to walk from SS15 to Sunway, but I never dared to take the walk. Today I finally did, and it was surprising short - a mere 20-30 minutes compared to my postulated 1 hour+. It felt great walking too - the bright sun smiling from above, the wind rifting through my hair and drying it au naturale, feeling my muscles work - it's great to be alive! In what felt like no time at all I reached Pyramid, my playground during the 1 1/2 years I was in Taylor's, and because of that I know it like the back of my hand. I quite like the McDonald's there as it overlooks the Sunway Lagoon and it seems very friendly, even to the extent that you can sit there for hours and no one will shoo you away. So that's what I did - sit there for a few hours trying to study. It was nice in the morning, especially with a Fillet O Fish meal to keep my notes company.
Lunch time brought people to McDs (naturally) and I went to watch a movie instead of forcing my poor head to concentrate. I watched "The Terminal" starring Tom Hanks. Lovely movie! A bit sappy with "roll-eye" moments sometimes, and moments of "all-glory-to-USA", but overall it was good. It may have been centred around the terminal which was Tom Hank's character's home for a good 9 months, but that wasn't the main concern in the end. Go watch and find out!
The thing about shopping complexes during school holidays is that you see a lot of people in the weirdest fashions around. It seems that letting school out turns ordinary school kids to "Japanesque" or "Koreanesque" or whatever fashionista they are following. I just can't help but wonder why they wear such... fashions. Well, to each their own.
Part of the reason why I let myself meander around Pyramid today was because tomorrow's a holiday - Happy Deepavali to those who celebrate it! Yep, Shal-loo, Happy Deepavali to you! :)And since Deepavali and Hari Raya is so close together, my family decided to make the trip up to see my relatives on my mother's side. I'll be playing chauffeur and babysitter to all my cousins part-time while trying to study. We'll be going down to Melaka for an overnight trip, so I hope it'll be fun, or at least a different atmosphere for studying. A pity that GI has to be on the Monday right after the holidays. Viva le plicae circularis! *grin*
Well, have a good holiday everyone!

No comments: