Happy New Year everyone! As for me, my "real" new year will only begin on 7 January 2005. It's the last mad dash to the finish line, and I think I'll be found wanting. Questions of how I could have studied better are much too late now though... with 1 day left (or rather 1 days as my countdown says it) to go the least I can do is try and stuff as much info in as I can, and rely on God to help me through. I can't wait for the new year! :)
On a separate note, I see the measures for a muted New Year's celebration and I scratch my head and wonder why. It is somehwat fitting as a mark of respect, but if suffering would cause people to tune down celebrations then all our celebrations should be muted. After all, every moment someone, or some group out there, is suffering, if not the tsunami victims, the people in Darfur, or the refugees and victims of draughts and famines in Africa, etc., no?

No comments:
Post a Comment