I think I've been so caught up with DOING things that I have no time to BE. No time especially to catch up with people, eg. church, uni, back home, etc. Bleh. Procrastination and laziness will be the death of me.
Anyway, several things have been done with: Futsal for one, and that with a tension-filled 1-0 final which left the spectators hoarse but totally satisfied. Girls, you guys really do deserve the gold medals that will be hanging around your necks soon. You really took it to heart when KL said, "Play to inspire others, and each other."
Another thing that's done is the matching form. Matching is a little "game" IMU plays to put their students who are to go overseas for the clinical phase of study in a flurry of hand-wringing brain-aching worry as to which university should be ranked 1st, 2nd, and so forth, although:
1. what's really important would probably be the 1st 5 choices anyway
2. ranking it now will not determine that we will get our 1st, 2nd or even 5th choice
3. the whole process of us ranking the universities, then the universities ranking us, and then IMU matching up the two lists is so shrouded in mystery that it's impossible to predict what choice you'll get.
After everything, it boils down to where you really want to go, and how badly you want it. And for me, that place is the UK (any place, seriously, would do). So on that premise, I have decided to put my name down for the "killing field" that is the competition for 4 places in Edinburgh, with 8 other (there may be more candidates unknown to me) better qualified batchmates. I have not a chance, but probably a slim hope that I'll get it, but I'm going to try anyway.
At 2nd place is St. Georges, London (Yes YL, if I get this then won't you be ecstatic :> ), and at 3rd is Southampton, followed by Liverpool, Glasgow and Leeds. (The choices after that are absolutely unimportant.)
Will I get what I want? Only God knows.
Well, more things to do: road relay, tennis (yeah, surprising right?), and a stay in the Ritz Carlton, complete with butler service! I'm going to bring in my scuffed up black shoes to be shined. :>
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment