Friday, September 16, 2005

STOMP!

I think I'm having verbal constipation. Things are swimming in my head and I can't line them up properly and march them out, either through my mouth or hands. But what else is new? Perhaps my Wernicke's (area for language comprehension) and Broca's (area for producing language, written or spoken) area are affected in some way...
Anyway, never mind that. Let's talk: STOMP! Yup, I went for their 1st performance ever in Malaysia - on Tuesday! And boy was it good. The intricate rhythms they weave with the most innocuous things are amazing. I particularly like the matchbox one, and the newspaper one. Although they have no overall plot, each set they perform has a distinct flavour of its own, not only through the instruments they use but the rhythms and chereography. But common to the whole show is the fun-loving and high spirits they kept up through-out the whole show, even while thumping and drumming and thwacking and banging and rubbing and stomping! Where they get the energy I can't imagine.
Surprisingly, there weren't many people filling the seats, and the whole middle section of the upper circle was empty on the first day. Furthermore, I heard that some people got great seats near the stage for just RM77 (with student ID) when they went to buy tickets 1/2 hour before the show. So what are you guys waiting for? Go get your eardrums blown! hehe
IMU Cup's piling up on me: I've stupidly "volunteered" to participate in new sports and have been "reminded" of several sports that I was involved in before, and that I have to join now, not counting the sports I have already committed myself to. Grace, say goodbye to studying for CNS. Hopefully this sudden burst of activity will cause me to lose some pounds, but so far that hasn't been happening. *crosses fingers and closes eyes tightly and wishes to kingdom come* :)

No comments: