Saturday, October 22, 2005

Happy (early) Birthday

My mother has a funny sense of humour. First she calls my aunt and uncle for dinner without mentioning it to me nor the purpose of dinner to them, then sends me off to go to a drug talk while she goes off on a mysterious gallivant (though it didn't seem that way at that time) then springs a wonderful and surprising surprise with a fresh strawberry and cheese cake, and a birthday song sung by a few waiters and a jazz ensemble. And a birthday present. Totally unexpected, and totally appreciated. Thanks Mi.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On a different note (though connected) someone asked me what I wanted for my birthday. The answer to that is: impossible dreams, ie. a PDA phone, a complete make-over for my violin (which is looking a little worse for wear no thanks to the owner :P ), an all-expense paid around the world, the cure for cancer/AIDS (haha), more faith, more wisdom, more brain matter so I can retain more knowledge for EoS...

Impossible/near-impossible to give, right? In reality, I don't really know what (affordable things) I would like to receive. (MPH vouchers would be nice, again, but that would be like telling me not to study for EoS and go read books. Not good.) So how about this: take the money set aside for the present (or whatever) and donate it to a charity, eg. World Vision, WWF, or a personal interest, Christian Missions India, etc. etc. etc. then tell me about your donation. I won't have so many things, cherished as they might be, to move from place to place, and other people would receive assistance according to their need. Of course, if you want to get me a gift AND donate to charity, be my guest! :> And if this results in me not getting any presents as well as charity not getting any funds, well, I did my part.

So, does this proposal have any takers?

N/B: This is NOT noble. This is being practical.

No comments: