Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's all in the heart...

When someone tells you to emphasise the fact that you're a MEDICAL STUDENT, you know that you're way way way out of your league. Nevertheless, emphasise I must and emphasise I will, if only to escape the scathing remarks and burning questions that might come from the room of cardiologists upon the ending of my presentation. With luck, I'll get away clean with a smattering of applause, and the spotlight will move to other presentations more likely to win the Young Investigators Award.

With less that 24 hours and counting to my debut presentation, I feel quite un-ready. My slideshow is just finished, and I'm putting the finishing tweaks to my notes, and yet there's so much I don't really know. That's where the "medical student" part comes in I guess.

But with this whole week and last busy preparing the presentation (the numerous and often fruitless literature searches! Argh!) while grappling with tough students, I can't wait to get to KL and do it. Friday afternoon is when crunch time is, and after that I can enjoy the conference and my stay near Mid Valley (read shopping! and entertainment! haha) Of course I plan some surprise and not-so-surprise visits to my dear friends in KL, and maybe a futsal game... :>

So I'm off to KL tomorrow on the earliest flight I can get up to catch, and wish me all the best!

Btw, thanks to all who added their valued opinions on both my Johari and Nohari windows. Keep them coming!

No comments: