Thursday, August 24, 2006

On going

Yesterday was like any other day, until YL reminded me at 1 pm that I had 34 more hours to go in Malaysia. Everything had a different spin to it after that - last curry mee, last mamak session, last time seeing friends, etc. Not only "last", but "LAST" - shouting out their relative importance to me.

But how do I feel, you ask? Well, normal, really. It seems I've done this already, just that now it's with (much) bigger bags and a (much) longer distance to traverse. Perhaps I'd feel more loathe to go if I were still wallowing in the comforts of my Kch home, or even waking up in C1072 and having things to do, but with no real responsibilities in KL it seems like limbo, neither here nor there. Limbo's not really appealing, even with great food (and durian!) and great company, so I'd really just like to go there and get settling in over and done with. Goodness knows, with the many times I've had to repack, I'd really like to unpack once and for all!

And now, with just about 14 hours more (less if you don't count loitering at the airport), and the hassle of checking-in and trying to hustle for extra baggage allowance, and my plans (rather, dreams) of slipping off silently probably non-existent realistically, I can't wait to go! London, here I come!

Btw, I was planning a "taking stock" post, but that'll have to wait.

And to everyone who has enetertained me in KL and Kch, thank you! Very much appreciated :)

(Halfway thru this post, I did something to my bro's comp display and inversed and flipped the screen. So I'm typing this with the words upside down and going from right to left. Don't ask me how, or why. :P )

No comments: