Thursday, March 22, 2007

Glorified Rain

From 1 pre-exam stress to another: With the musculoskeletal exam over, it's now time to turn to specialties exam, then the major one in 4 weeks. I'm in Dermatology week now, and all the icky skin conditions are gross in an interesting way. However, I need a guide through all the different types of skin conditions, for to me they're all red, weird and similar. I'm looking forward more to ENT and opththalmology.

Everyone here is pretty much getting more stressed out (I know the girls on my floor are!) with varying reactions to it, from insomnia to skin conditions to hyperphagia to being more quiet to the inability to study. Someone said I don't seem stressed, and I have to ask myself - am I? I guess I am, a bit, but I still don't feel like exams are looming. (That's probably why this post is up.) I'm more like focussing on each step I take on my path into the maze of knowledge we have to traverse, and not look at the bigger picture of the enormity of that maze, and the near-futility of solving it. Which may be bad or good. Well, as long as I have enough time to run through everything again and make sure I remember at least some of it!

As for the weather, I should have known that after I wrote about the great sunny weather we'd been having, it'll turn cold, with massive gusts of wind and the occasional snow/sleet. Isn't it supposed to be springtime now?

Nevertheless, the sight of millions of flakes of snow lazily wafting down from the sky, being gently swirled by the wind, is a nice sight to wake up to. It's hard to remember that those fairy-like bits of ice are just frozen raindrops - glorified rain. Snow's best when it falls gently and doesn't accumulate on the ground, where it'll all turn to slush later; rain is better in white-out torrents, with lightning and thunder and you staring out through the window, smelling the fresh cool air. I miss tropical storms. :)

No comments: