So I'm here waiting for my MSK OSCE to start (more of a farce really, because the same people who take the exam are patients for others as well) and I'm seized by the urge to write. Blame it on overexposure to all things MSK and rheumatological (not that I know everything already :P).
Anyway, I was reading through friends' blogs, which I haven't done in a while, and I realise that I'm so distanced from everyone that I used to be in touch with. And I miss knowing. My life is emptier from the lack of stories from everyone I know.
I know the remedy to this, and it's to drop a line or an email to them, to renew the connection. But I hesitate, because I know that my efforts are only short-lived. In time, my zeal will die out and I will stop emailing or calling, especially with exams on the way.
So should I call, or wait till exams are over? Or wait till the longing to hear a familiar voice laugh and talk, or familiar way of writing, outweighs the need to study?
Knowing myself, in the end I'm more likely to think of doing something than really do it. I have a friend who, when she went overseas to study, let go of any contacts she had at home, and only renewed them when she was back home again. It was easier that way, she said, and I now agree, though it's definitely not the best way.
So, friends, I'm sorry for the lack of communication coming from my way. Nevertheless, I'm still thinking of all of you, wondering what interesting things might cross your paths. Continue updating those blogs, so I know at least a little of what I'm missing. And I'll try to update, or write, or call.
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment